The Gay Blade Fun Pages
The Gay Blade: Scans and Afterthoughts
"The Gay Blade" was a tract of right-wing Christian biblical interpretation of the "evil" of the gay movement of the early 1970s. This tract, when passed out in the union at Iowa State University by the ISU Christian Fellowship, resulted in a protest against their having the tract by Gay People's Liberation Alliance in 1974.
Two web pages in this site provide information about these actions: ISU Daily: Gays Protest Pamphlet; and ISU Daily Spoof: Union Site of Unruly Clash Friday.
- Gay Blade, Panels 1 and 2
- Gay Blade, Panels 3 and 4
What Limp Fist?
- Gay Blade, Panels 5 and 6
Lesbians Port Better Skin Turgor
- Gay Blade, Panels 7 and 8
Canaanites, Vomit, and Sodom
- Gay Blade, Panels 9 and 10
Angels Come to Visit Sodom
- Gay Blade, Panels 11 and 12
A Meal and a Mob
- Gay Blade, Panels 13 and 14
Daughter Sacrifice and the Blinding Blindness
- Gay Blade, Panels 15 and 16
Failures of the Sodom Fire Department
- Gay Blade, Panels 17 and 18
- Gay Blade, Panels 19-22
Conclusion — All Sex May Be Bad
Try this outside link at "Enter the Jabberwock" for another fun trashing of The Gay Blade (from 2003).
Search the Gay Liberation History Pages